Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pictures of Nicaragua Part 1

Our hotel room. We stayed in a Hilton Princess Hotel. It was very nice & I'm glad we didn't have to rough it when it came to our sleeping quarters!


Another favorite person from this trip. This is Courtney my roommate. We met on the trip & just hit it off. I was lucky to have such a great roomie & friend there! We were on our way to church in this photo.

This is just outside our hotel. Graffiti was a common thing to see everywhere we went.


Dr. Oman and I in action!


Two of my favorite people on this trip. And yes, the first day in clinic we did not have A/C so that is why we look so wonderful! (mostly just me)


A form of transportation


My favorite picture of the whole trip. After sacrament the first Sunday, we handed out gifts to all the kids in the ward. I think this pictures captures what all those kids felt as they received their gifts.


This kind of shows what the houses look like. It was very humbling to see their way of life and compare it to my own.


My little friend Jose. We gave him those animal block you see in the lower left & he loved playing with them so much. It was so great to see the happines he felt. (Don't mind me in this photo-95% humidity & 100 degree weather does not do wonders for my looks)


This is the mall in Nicaragua. Pretty Americanized don't ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment