Thursday, February 24, 2011

Jimmermania

The other night I went to the BYU vs. Colorado State basketball game. This season of BYU basketball has been defined by one word..Jimmer. There's been so much hype and hoopla and I finally understood all that on Wednesday night. The energy at the Marriott Center was pretty incredible. Jimmer Fredette..the guy is good. I think he finished with 36 points. One of the signs I saw says it all..."Jimmer's off night=your career high." It was fun being there despite the dumb high school boys from Colorado that were in our seats, but I'm not complaining. I think my favorite part of the whole night was seeing all the signs people held up! Seriously, people are clever:
"Welcome to Jimmerica"
"Is this real life?"
"Jimmer, will you go to Prom with me?"
"Jimmer Freddette University"
As we were driving down University Parkway after the game, my brother and his friend decided to be crazy high school boys and scream with the windows down. This was my favorite saying all night..."Jimmer's in my trunk!" It was a great way to end the night! As my brother said, "This ain't church ball." Keep up the good work Jimmer, I mean BYU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment