Saturday, February 19, 2011

Valentine's Day & other things

Valentines Day this year was fun! I went to dinner with a good friend of mine. It was great to chat with her and catch up on lots of things. We went to a restaurant at the base of Little Cottonwood Canyon called the Porcupine Grill. It was great food. My favorite part of the meal was the desert which was a chocolate porcupine. As I was explaining to my dad and brother that is was a porcupine made of chocolate shell, my brother said, "Well, duh." I thought I was doing great at explaining it, but apparently someone is too smart for his britches! Here is a picture of our cute desert:


After dinner as we were walking out, I see my friend taking a picture of some guys. When I turned around, it was about 8 or 9 guys sitting at the bar by themselves on Valentines Day. Pretty ironic! Here is that picture:


On Tuesday it was Young Womens combined with the young men and we went ice skating! I was pretty nervous to go because I'd never been before and I didn't want to look like a fool in front of all the young women. I ended up having a great time and didn't fall once! It was Ally & Emmy's first activity in Young Womens and they loved it! I was pretty proud of myself for trying something new and being somewhat good at it!

At work on Thursday I got a call from one of our patients. It was a patient that was scheduled that afternoon and the mom called about 15 min before her daughter's appointment. She said "This is so & so and we've just been in a car accident so we won't be able to make it to our appointment." In the background I can hear the sirens and so I know the accident just happened and that they were on their way to our office. I'm talking to the mom asking her if she wanted to reschedule right then or call me back and she said lets do it now so telling her when the next was to get her back, she doesn't answer and all of a sudden I hear the cop asking if everyone is ok! I just sat on the phone because I didn't want to be rude by hanging up, so when she got back on, I told her just to call me later! I felt so bad that they got in a car accident on the way to dental appointment. I've never been on the phone with someone who had just gotten in a car accident with the cop right there! It was a little interesting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment